At Sienna Senior Living, quality and safety of resident care are our top priorities, and we are proud of the excellent results in our long-term care communities. Sienna operates residences within a best practice quality framework that is anchored by our values of Respect, Passion, Teamwork, Responsibility, and Growth, and that supports our mission “to help residents live fully, every day.”
- Sienna outperforms national and provincial averages on the majority of Canadian Institute of Health Informatics (CIHI) publicly reported quality indicators.
- Sienna residences are fully accredited by independent third-party organizations that assess care and quality standards against validated best practices. Ontario care communities were accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) in October 2016, achieving 99% conformance to the quality standards. British Columbia care communities received Accreditation with Exemplary Standing, the highest possible status awarded by Accreditation Canada, in July 2018.
- All care communities in BC and Ontario are highly regulated by provincial legislation and standards, and remain in good standing with regional health authorities.
- Regulatory authorities conduct rigorous benchmarking using a risk framework that evaluates the quality of operations, care and services, and we are very proud that 88% of Sienna’s communities are in the lowest possible risk rating.
- Sienna’s care communities in Ontario are governed by the province’s Excellent Care for All Act, and are required to develop annual Quality Improvement Plans (QIP’s) that address quality, safety, and effective resident-centered care.
- Sienna’s team member engagement score in 2017 was 88%.
- Sienna uses a validated third-party tool to survey residents and families, and in 2017 overall resident satisfaction was 89%, with the voices of over 5,400 residents reflected.